Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jane Eyre Trailer 2011



I just ran across this trailer for the upcoming adaptation of Bronte's "Jane Eyre". I'm kind of excited about this new adaptation as it seems to make use of the gothic elements of the story rather than focusing on the love story. Although, why they need to make another film version is beyond me--there are so many wonderful ones already. I really enjoyed the Charlotte Gainsbourg version with William Hurt as Rochester from 1997.

In anycase, I feel this directly relates to how these Romantic/Gothic stories keep being retold and how they are still excessible to the modern reader and viewer. I think this speaks to the universality of what of the characters' journies and the writers' visions. It will interesting to revisit this classic in the year 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment